Dollhouse Blog

11.05.2008

diy art is cool


Whether you prefer a quaint old landscape or a classic Old Master like the
Vermeer-by-number above, you have to admit, paint-by-numbers are pretty cool.




There is something to be said for the kitsch value of paint-by-numbers. They are the comfort food of the art world, don't you think? I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I look at them. Along with needlepoint. So I was thinking. Imagine decorating a whole wall of your space in these framed creations.

If you want to start a DIY art gallery on your walls, start combing the flea markets and the second-hand stores. I have been seeing a lot of great examples at the flea market on 6th Avenue and 17th Street in NYC. Or you could even hit the craft stores and make some yourself. If you don't have an artistic bent, remember, paint-by-numbers also look good unfinished. For frames try some dollar stores. Or CVS. They have some good sales on gold frames from time to time.

I think I may hit my local craft store on my way home. I wonder if they let you needlepoint on the subway...


Labels: , , , , ,

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home