Dollhouse Blog

1.29.2009

design trend: when technology turns cuddly...


I don't know what to make of this trend, I can only report on it. I like to call it, "the cute-ification of retro technology." See my previous posts on this topic:

What is the reason for this trend, you may ask? I have a few theories... I'll post them in the comments section over the next few days. In the meantime, check out this Plusharoid, as it is called, on Etsy. And the Artist's Statement, below:

We here at Monocol remember a time before digital cameras when the only instant gratification photography was the flapping of Polaroid pictures. We miss those days (and also the days before we realized shaking the film did nothing to help quicken the exposure).

The Plusharoid is a 12x12x16" SX-70 style camera. Like all SX-70s, film is hard to find and expensive to purchase for the Plusharoid, but we hear it's all the rage with the indie kids ...

Labels: , , ,

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home